Back Up Windows Servers, and Recover Them Fast to Keep Your Business Running
One huge challenge that companies face is how to avoid business disruption following a server failure or data loss. StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® Server provides fast and reliable data backup and protection, disaster recovery, and system migration to get servers online or data recovered as quickly as possible in the wake of a disaster.
ShadowProtect is trusted by IT professionals worldwide to back up not only their Windows operating systems (such as Windows Server 2012, 2008, and 2003), but also their Windows business productivity systems such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Lync, and CRM servers and other critical application servers.
ShadowProtect Server takes sector-level backup images of your server disk drives, saves them to local hardware or to the cloud, and creates incremental backups as often as every 15 minutes after that. These incremental backups happen fast and in the background.
When you need to recover accidentally deleted files or restore your server because of a hard drive malfunction or other problem, you can do so in minutes rather than hours or days. Restore the entire system to the same hardware, dissimilar hardware, or to and from virtual environments.
Administrators love how easy it is to manage ShadowProtect Server. The management console is simple to use and gives you the tools you need to centrally manage your point-in-time backup images and restore them in a matter of minutes. The easy-to-use management console allows you to simultaneously push install ShadowProtect to all your Windows servers from a central location and views the backup status of all protected Windows servers in your organization. Also, ShadowProtect Server provides you with StorageCraft VirtualBoot™ technology, which allows for emergency failover to a virtual machine.
Features and benefits of ShadowProtect Server
- Capture everything—systems, applications, configuration settings, services, data—on your servers
- Back up Microsoft SQL, Exchange, and SharePoint servers and other critical application servers, including updates in memory
- Encrypt a backup job to protect backup images to securely protect data
- Save backups to any disk device (such as removable, local, and network drives) or any optical media (CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs)
- Back up a non-bootable system before attempting a restore operation (using StorageCraft Recovery Environment)
- Execute a one-time full backup that you can archive
- Schedule backups to occur automatically
- Schedule incremental backups to run as often as every 15 minutes
- Set up subsequent full backups to be differential to save on storage space
- Manage the retention of backup images
- Install the ShadowProtect agent on a server or desktop without having to visit the machine
- Remotely manage both ShadowProtect Server and ShadowProtect Desktop nodes
- Choose to receive notification when server or desktop backup jobs succeed or fail
- Verify backup images to ensure they’re in a known good state for fast and reliable recovery
- Automatically run Chkdsk or other scripts on mounted volumes to determine data and application integrity with StorageCraft ImageReady™ technology
- Mount an Exchange Server backup (including system, data, and log volumes) to test the EDB files and verify they’re intact or run cleanup if they’re in a dirty shutdown state
- Boot a backup image to a virtual machine to test whether a restored system would function properly with VirtualBoot
- Consolidate files (full backup plus incrementals) into a single new backup image for archiving
- Split a backup image file into smaller files (a spanned set) for backup on DVD or Blu-Ray
- Convert backup image files to a virtual disk in either VHD (Hyper-V-compatible) or VMDK (VMWare-compatible) format for restoration or migration to a VM
- Set a consolidated or converted backup file's compression setting or encryption
- Perform a bare metal restore in minutes thanks to the StorageCraft Recovery Environment and StorageCraft Hardware Independent Restore™ (HIR) technology
- Restore a system to the same or different hardware or to virtual environments with StorageCraft Recovery Environment and HIR
- Mount a backup image quickly and browse it in order to recover a file or folder
- Quickly restore access to a database server by mounting a point-in-time backup image
- Rapidly boot a backup image as a virtual machine (temporary system failover) with VirtualBoot
- Copy the contents of one drive to another
- Create this copy without performing a backup
- Create this copy for use when attempting to fix a corrupted partition or for use in forensic investigations
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Detect and repair a boot configuration error or corrupt hard drive when the automated repair process fails
- Repair or replace information required for startup that may get lost during migration from one drive to another
- Migrate a backup image of a physical server to a virtual environment
- Migrate a backup image of a virtual environment to a physical server
- Migrate a backup image from one physical machine to another
StorageCraft licenses ShadowProtect on a per-system basis—that is, if you plan to use ShadowProtect to back up 15 Windows servers, you use 15 ShadowProtect Server licenses.